NSW Food Safety Supervisor – Member
SIRRFSA001 Handle Food Safely in a Retail Environment
The NSW Food Safety Supervisor Certificate is valid for 5 years.
This course contains the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to handle food safely in the retail environment following organisational food safety procedures and relevant legislation and standard procedures.
It applies to individuals working in roles that involve the handling of food. They operate with some independence under general supervision and guidance from others, and within established organisational policies and procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
- This is for NSW
- Participants personal details will be passed on to the NSW Department of Health so that they may issue the NSW Food Safety Certificate
- Students are required to complete the course assessment within 3 months of course commencement.
- Certificate is valid for 5 years. A refresher course is required every 5 years to keep current.
Training is delivered by Master Grocers Australia a Registered Training Organisation RTO TOID: 21148 delivering nationally accredited training. NSW authorised provider 24227We have a commitment to helping people achieve their learning goals.
MGA Industry Training is not CRICOS registered and cannot issue certificates to international students. Please contact your CRICOS registered RTO.
Delivery – This program is to be delivered via on-line delivery.
All theory content will be provided through structured online learning content.
Students will be provided access to the learning materials on confirmation of enrolment and will work through the learning content and activities. Activities will give students the opportunity to prepare for assessment.
- To best view this course, ensure you web browser is up to date (Chrome or Firefox work best)
- Courses can be conducted on Macs and PCS
- You will need speakers or headphone
- Internet connection
Duration – The course has been designed to have a Volume of Learning of 6 hours.
Students will be required to allocate study time to undertake the required learning via the online learning platform. Students should allocate approximately 4 hours to complete the online learning program.
The student is to allocate approximately 2 hours to complete the assessment component of the course.
Please note: Students are required to complete the course assessment within 3 months of course commencement.
Assessment Methods – The assessment process will include theory and practical assessments.
Students will be advised of the assessment requirements at the beginning of each unit.
Theory assessments will be undertaken thought the secure online portal.
Students are required to undertake a demonstration of practical skills. This is to be captured via videos of themselves undertaking the specific practical tasks, and the student is to submit the video to the RTO via either email, uploading through the student portal or Hightail.
In addition, the workplace is also involved in the assessment process to verify the student’s ability to perform specific workplace tasks that support the competence of the student. The workplace supervisor will be asked to provide feedback and comments on the student’s ability to demonstrate their practical work skills by completing a ‘Third Party Report’ (instruction will be provided with the checklist). This document will form part of the evidence gathered for assessment - as supplementary evidence.
Qualification – Statement of attainment for the nationally accredited unit of competency SIRRFSA001 Handle Food Safely in a Retail Environment .
- Personal hygiene
- Cross contamination
- Food storage & temperature control
- Cleaning, sanitation & pest control
- Food Safety Plan, basic monitoring and record keeping
- Understanding COVID 19- NSW Food Authority approved
- NSW Food Offences-NSW Food Authority approved
- Egg Awareness-NSW Food Authority approved
- Allergen Awareness-NSW Food Authority approved
- Role and responsibilities of a Food Safety Supervisor
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued to the student upon successful completion of the course.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
RTO Admission Requirements:
Master Grocers Australia has the following admission requirements to suit the delivery and assessment mode offered:
- Students must be over 15 years old
- Students must successfully complete a LLN test to confirm the ability to effectively undertake the course
- This program has been designed to be delivered through on-line delivery. Students must have the ability to access to a computer and the internet to complete this course.
- This program requires student to video their practical application of skills as part of the assessment process. Students are required to have access to video technology such as a Smart phone/ tablet devise.
- Students must be employed in a suitable workplace that has access to specific equipment/ recourses to support the assessment process. As part of the course, the Employer of the student must sign a declaration that indicates the student is their employee and the workplace has the equipment/ resources required for assessment.